Tool 83: Sniff and send ICMP4/6 time exceeded
This tool sends an ICMP error message when a packet matching filter
Parameter --device indicates on which device to sniff. Please note
that under some systems, such as Windows, sniffing on some devices is
Parameter --filter defines the sniff filter. It permits to restrict
captured packets. This kind of filter is named a BPF or pcap filter.
Basic elements of a filter are:
net 192.168.10.0 mask 255.255.255.0
dst host 22.214.171.124
src port 2345
ether host a:b:c:d:e:f ('ether a:b:c:d:e:f' is not working)
ether src aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
Here are filter examples:
"net 192.168 and icmp"
"host 126.96.36.199 or dst port 80"
"(udp or tcp) and not host 188.8.131.52"
Parameter --spoofip indicates how to generate link layer for spoofing.
Values 'best', 'link' or 'raw' are common choices for --spoofip. Here
is the list of accepted values:
- 'raw' means to spoof at IP4/IP6 level (it uses system IP stack). If
a firewall is installed, or on some systems, this might not work.
- 'linkf' means to spoof at link level (currently, only Ethernet is
supported). The 'f' means to Fill source Ethernet address.
However, if source IP address is spoofed, it might be impossible
to Fill it. So, linkf will not work: use linkb or linkfb instead.
- 'linkb' means to spoof at link level. The 'b' means to left a Blank
source Ethernet address (0:0:0:0:0:0, do not try to Fill it).
- 'linkfb' means to spoof at link level. The 'f' means to try to Fill
source Ethernet address, but if it is not possible, it is left
- 'rawlinkf' means to try 'raw', then try 'linkf'
- 'rawlinkb' means to try 'raw', then try 'linkb'
- 'rawlinkfb' means to try 'raw', then try 'linkfb'
- 'linkfraw' means to try 'linkf', then try 'raw'
- 'linkbraw' means to try 'linkb', then try 'raw'
- 'linkfbraw' means to try 'linkfb', then try 'raw'
- 'link' is an alias for 'linkfb'
- 'rawlink' is an alias for 'rawlinkfb'
- 'linkraw' is an alias for 'linkfbraw'
- 'best' is an alias for 'linkraw'. It should work in all cases.
netwox 83 [-d device] [-f filter] [-c uint32] [-i ip] [-s spoofip]
||source IP address
||IP spoof initialization type